Switching gears here for a moment, this is for helvetebrann who is getting married in just a few months and looking for ideas for her wedding ceremony.
This is what my husband and I used for our ceremony, but I can’t take any credit for it whatsoever. The woman who married us suggested it and I thought it was perfect. ~JJ
In marriage, walk the path side by side,
together, whenever possible.
Remember to hold each other when it is cold.
If the air becomes too close,
make a little space so each can breathe.
When the path is narrow, pick one to go first.
Always be willing to follow; don’t be afraid to lead.
Trust your partner; trust yourself,
for marriage is a journey that leads to great love.
I accept you as my spouse with this promise:
I promise to respect you;
to give you love and support at all times.
I promise to never take you for granted,
to give you my love openly and honestly.
I promise to build our marriage on a foundation
of trust and respect, of faithfulness and of forgiveness.
Marriage is the joining of two people; the union of two hearts.
It lives in the love we give each other and never grows old.
It thrives on the joy of each new day.
May we always be attentive
to the wonder of our marriage.
May we always be able to talk things over,
to confide in one another, and to laugh with each other.
May we enjoy life together and share moments
of quiet peace when the day is done.
May we create a lifetime of happiness.
46 Notes/ Hide
- mgnmsn reblogged this from teachthemhowtothink
- adrea-taylor reblogged this from teachthemhowtothink
- msalaniusramblings likes this
- jonnymapleleaf likes this
- theeversobeautifulchaos likes this
- neuroticats likes this
- breakmyfall likes this
- marissamj likes this
- dtbuoi likes this
- twoticketstoparadise likes this
- cincuentaydos likes this
- lyaid likes this
- ajora likes this
- threequartersup likes this
- kittenberry likes this
- travisestrella likes this
- bigmouthbigideas likes this
- whistlepast likes this
- midnightmisdemeanors likes this
- ourladycomstock likes this
- domesticviolinss reblogged this from teachthemhowtothink
- domesticviolinss likes this
- sleighbossuet likes this
- theawkwardxenoglossophile likes this
- picatso likes this
- flobotics likes this
- miss-ovarios reblogged this from teachthemhowtothink
- tracycaraker reblogged this from teachthemhowtothink
- teachthemhowtothink posted this